In this issue of the People’s Insights Quarterly Magazine, we start off with an overview on how community, technology and data are changing the Future of Money. Then we look at thirteen inspiring projects that are re-defining how people earn, raise, manage, exchange and spend money.
- How brands like American Express and Tesco are encouraging people to talk about the brands on social media in return for discounts and freebies.
- How virtual currencies like Bitcoin and banking apps like Commonwealth Bank’s Kaching are facilitating smoother and quicker peer-to-peer transactions over web, mobile and social networks.
- How brands like Chrysler-Dodge and non-profits like Leukemia & Lymphoma Research are creating their own dedicated crowdfunding platforms to help people raise money for themselves or for a cause.
- How non-profits like Kiva are creating peer-to-peer lending platforms to connect lenders and borrowers directly.
- How banks like Barclays and Bendigo & Adelaide Bank are experimenting with long-term co-creation communities to enable customers to co-create financial products and to help entrepreneurs crowdsource feedback and advice, respectively.
- How banks like KBC Bank are creating collective intelligence platforms to crowdsource data, and present it back to entrepreneurs with added value.
- How organizations like Intuit-Mint and UBank are using data to help people manage and compare their personal finances.
- How start ups like TrustCloud are using aggregated social data to help people measure and showcase their reputation on social networks and collaborative consumption platforms
About People’s Insights
The People’s Insights Quarterly Magazine pulls together insights from MSLGROUP’s Insights Network — a private network created on our proprietary People’s Lab crowdsourcing platform — in which 100+ planners within MSLGROUP share and discuss thought-provoking research and inspiring projects in the areas of social data, crowdsourcing, storytelling and citizenship.
Every week, we pick one project from the MSLGROUP Insights Network and curate conversations around it — on the network itself but also on the social web — into a weekly insights report. Every quarter, we present the thirteen insights reports to you, along with original research from our global network, as an online magazine.
We have further synthesized the insights to provide foresights for business leaders and changemakers — in the ten-part People’s Insights annual report titled Now & Next: Ten Frontiers for the Future of Engagement, also available as a Kindle eBook.